Kyle considers himself to be a pretty savvy guy. He knows not to open emails from suspicious addresses and never opens the spam that occasionally slips past his filter. But one Wednesday morning, he sees an email that looks like it’s from a client he regularly corresponds with – he has a conference call in 5, so he’s just quickly checking to see what the client needs, and doesn’t notice that it’s not quite the right address. The email contains only a link and the words “Check this out!”. Curious, Kyle clicks.
And that’s all it takes. The network is now compromised.
Among the primary vectors of attack to your network, email is the one used most often by malware engineers. And their tactics are getting smarter: they can spoof a familiar sender’s address and “spear phish” to get confidential information.
Online Technology Management can help protect you from these clever and devious assaults on your server in-house or through a cloud-based service. We can even tell you which option is the better fit for you, based on your needs and budget.
Our email service comes with the following benefits:
- Spam filtering. We don’t know how anyone lives without a Spam filter, but every once in a while, we find someone who likes to live on the edge. Spam is an avenue for malware, and whether you use a hosted service or have your own server, protection from Spam is critical.
- Anti-virus filtering. Like Spam filtering, scanning your email and attachments for phishing and malware before it’s delivered is an important and valuable layer of defense. (Kyle can’t click a suspicious link if he never receives it!)
- If your email service falters, your day grinds to a halt, panic and chaos ensue. Email continuity services ensure that you are always able to access your email.
- Support for all standard protocols such as POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP. This means your users can check and send email from various desktop email clients like Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird, plus wireless devices like iPhones, iPads, and Android smartphones and devices. Makes everyone happy!
- SSL and TLS encryption for the standard protocols encrypts your data, keeping it for your eyes only.
- Attachment size capability. Some services severely restrict the size of attachments you can receive. Not us.
- Larger mailbox capacity. You won’t have to keep cleaning out your old mail with our services. Go ahead, be a hoarder!
- Ad free. A professional service won’t insert ads in your email. You get enough of that everywhere else on the internet.
Call us toll free:1 800 292 3537
You're one click away from a FREE security assessment contact us